KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just let everyone know NOT to buy the ktm xc bikes, I want to trade Ktm300xc tpi 2020 in for a new 2021 Ktm300exc, some ktm dealers won’t touch it, others give you very poor trade in. Bike is like new. Not happy !

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Shame... after riding my mate’s 450XC but being a two stroke die hard, I quite fancied one...

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
What's the issue? Why are they not happy them?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forks are very harsh, the dealer I bought it from told me to covert it to a spring fork after 2 hours of riding, couldn’t have mentioned that before I bought it

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
Why do you want to trade it in, why not keep it as its so new?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
XC is valved between SX and EXC is it not? Air spring pressure too high for your riding style / terrain / weight? Same with valving?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I weigh about 85 kg with riding gear, the fork is good in the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the stroke, then becomes rock hard. Tried removing a bit of air, but this just dropped the fork in to the harsh zone straight away. If you watch stuff on Utube you would think they are the best forks in the world 😂.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Just get it revalved and stop whining like a little gurl.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don’t think it’s your XC, dealers don’t want to take bikes in as nothing is moving on the car/ bike front. The market is dead & dealers don’t want more used stock.

·
Administrator
8,833 Posts
I don’t think it’s your XC, dealers don’t want to take bikes in as nothing is moving on the car/ bike front. The market is dead & dealers don’t want more used stock.
I disagree, KTM dealers are struggling big-time to get stock of new off road bike and I know that for a fact, straight from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
In more normal times a dealer will probably offer you 800 or so quid less than the market value, you might call him a robbing cunt but out of that he'll probably have to put some plastics on it, a tyre or two, some graffix etc etc and offer some kind of warranty before he can make any money on it.
The bike will then be priced just under the cost of a new bike...a bike a punter can get on low rate finance without dicking about and a lot of bikes are bought on finance. It doesn't make your bike look like it's worth buying....

Don't forget that XC's sell in far fewer numbers then exc's and that will also reflect on the PX price and selling power.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
.....and nobody buys a KTM for the suspension. It’s one of the first things that needs sorting out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was in at a KTM off-road dealer this afternoon
Every bike new and used was sold, with a name of customer on it
They said they cannot sell bikes fast enough

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
What the fuck are you doing in here? 😘😘😘
He's obviously bored, he's bought every road bike known to man and now he's having a look at real bikes 😁

·
Registered
19 Posts
Forks are very harsh, the dealer I bought it from told me to covert it to a spring fork after 2 hours of riding, couldn’t have mentioned that before I bought it
Are you supposed to bleed the fork legs on the XC bikes? On the EXC you do this when the fork action becomes harsh

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Yes.

A chap I know has air forks. They were also solid. They also have a air bleed screw. Sounds mental letting air out but it’s not the air spring air.

Reactions: HOTSHOT III

·
Registered
19 Posts
I weigh about 85 kg with riding gear, the fork is good in the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the stroke, then becomes rock hard. Tried removing a bit of air, but this just dropped the fork in to the harsh zone straight away. If you watch stuff on Utube you would think they are the best forks in the world 😂.
Also I play around with MTB air forks a lot and an MTBers trick to make the spring rate more progressive is to add a few ml of fork oil to the air chamber to decrease its overall volume (i.e the spring rate ramps up quicker under compression). Sounds like this is what's happening so it may be too much fluid has been added at the factory (you need a little bit to lubricate the air seals). Have you taken them apart yet?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've got a 2019 250 FE with AER fork out of an XCF. they work 10000X better than Xplor fork. Have a play around, for enduro stuff i run a lower spring pressure than recommended for my weight and then both comp. & rebound fairly open and they work fairly well. then close it up a bit for faster H&H stuff and up a bit of pressure for MX.
No bike's perfect but i think they're a good enough fork to get within a usable range - the rest is ability / fitness.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts