1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
440 Posts
There will most probably be snow on the passes by then; depends on whether you want to see the more interesting roads or not, motorways will always be open. If you go via Switzerland (Enter at Basel, exit at Chiasso) to Italy it will be cheaper as you can avoid the toll roads and tunnel charge (Mont Blanc). You will need a Swiss motorway carnet (30 euros approx) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just want to try and get down to italy. i heard mont blanc was a scenic way to go. Im open to all suggestions as the main places i really want to go are in italy. Nurburg, Brugees, Stevilo Pass are just place i wouldnt mind going to while im close.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Either Swiss or Mont Blanc scenic, spent a few years doing the route in a truck. Always preferred Swiss if possible (28 Tonne weight limit)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the main thing is My car is shi*e in snow so dont really wanna get stuck in it.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Is this a realistic trip to do in at the end of October/November??

Just looking at it today, havent had a chace to do much research, can you get through the alps this time of year??

probably be going by car as missus not a fan of going on the bike.

Poole
Mont Blanc, Courmayeur, Italy
pisa, italy
Florence, Italy
Bologna, Italy
Maranello Modena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Venice, Italy
Lake Garda, Bardolino, Italy
Stelvio Pass, Lombardy, Italy
Nürburg, Germany
brugge, belgium
Poole

Poole, Dorset, UK to Poole, Dorset, UK - Google Maps

Cheers
Don't forget to visit the Ducati factory in Bologna on the way past and. if you get your timing right, the Milan Bike show opens on 5 November .............

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts