KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed from a 300 exc (07) to a 2010 250 exc. Someone has said that I should drop the needle in the carb by one notch? Apparently it reduces over run, makes it more economical and will not kill plugs?

Has anyone else done or heard this?

I fitted my Gnarly front pipe and short FMF and thats it. Ive run it at 40:1 as I have with all the other KTMs

Done a few short practices with no noticeable problems and then last week did a straight 2hr enduro practice without any problems / flat spots/ over run / plug problems etc etc. in fact it ran sweet.
:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi
You don't need so much oil in your mix. KTM recommends 60:1 with fully synthtic, and i usually put 50:1 in mine which is plenty.

Alex

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi
You don't need so much oil in your mix. KTM recommends 60:1 with fully synthtic, and i usually put 50:1 in mine which is plenty.

Alex
Ive always ran a good oil and mix at 40:1 in my last two bikes and never had a problem only changed plug for piece of mind ktm recommend between 40:1 and 60:1

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wouldn't drop the needle (weaker) AND use 40:1 (weaker fuel:air mixture than 50 or 60:1).

Sounds too weak altogether to me and seizure / little end lube issues comin' on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts