KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 690 Enduro only gets ridden from, say, March to October for gentle trail riding but with a high percentage of road work. I also do a few horse trials, scorecard collecting during the summer.

The lanes will probably be pretty dry - if it’s that wet out, I won’t be going - but obviously some light mud might be encountered.
Dodgy bits will be wet or dry compacted chalk but only on a couple of local lanes and slippery grass at the horse trials.

Annoying bit is the vibration from, currently, the Michelin Trackers during the road bits, which can be 45 minutes in one hit or 80% of a trail riding day of 100 miles-ish.

Will something like Annakee Wilds be good enough on the nadgery bits or is there something between that sort of tyre and an enduro tyre that will work? I assume trials tyres aren’t really suitable for the road work and need pressures that are too low to be grippy.

I await your abuse or reasonable answers as appropriate.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use Mitas EO7 on the BMW for green laning all year round in Devon/Cornwall and longer trips to Morocco, Spain, Portugal, Sardinia, Italy etc. They're good in sand, mud and rocks, not so good on clay and wet grass.
Prior to that I used Michelin T63 or Deserts but they're both lethal in the wet on tarmac.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mikstan. Looks interesting.
I did have the EO7 for road use on my previous 690 snaf but, as you say, may be a bit iffy. Their E10 may be more suitable.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hi David

I’ve used tkc80’s on my trail bike and they have been great, when I got my new 690 I thought I’ve try the motoz rallz, they to have been great also. The tkc80’s are better on the road, but the motoz aren’t bad!, I would be happy with any!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,067 Posts
Hi David,

Michelin Anakee Wild look great, but I have not used them. I am not sure they have very good tread-depth?

I personally have been running D606s since back in NZ, with similar sounding riding to you in terms of tarmac/gravel/offroad. The D606 is great - and last amazingly well considering how soft they are. Not sure you can get them in UK though... I get away with them as the XR650R is pretty light - about 20kg less than a 690, and a bit less power.

A lot of 690s I see here run MotoZ RallZ Adventure Tyre - they seem to be a sweet-spot. Seemingly Motoz tyres are a bitch to get on and off though.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Motoz do look good.
I have a man at a tyre fitters with a machine to do the heavy work.

Agree on the Annakee Wild, it’s the grass grip that would be a decider.
Falling off in front of a cross country horse doesn’t seem like a good idea.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had a look but the D606 seem to still be a bit lumpy on the road as there are biggish gaps between knobbles. I am hoping for more comfortable road manners but can still get some grip, which is going back to Motoz options or Mitas E09/10.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have their website open in front of me.
The Rall Z does look like what I want as I particularly want to reduce the on off vibration chatter of the front wheel, as well as the rear, obviously.
£116 for a pair seems decent enough to me but I will give them a call first to chat through my weird requirements.

Thanks all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts