KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with my Duke 2.
The bike starts and ticks over with no issues, it’s when you start to apply some throttle that the problems begin, the bike reaches around 2500rpm and then cuts out. It makes no difference if the bikes in neutral or a gear.
I’d just finished giving it a really good clean, and wonder whether I may have dislodged something important – I’ve had a really good poke around but can’t see anything out of place…
Any help would be appreciated as I’m a complete mechanical numpty when it comes to anything with wheels!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it running fine before cleaning? Yes

Did you blast it with a power washer? No, just a bucket of water and a rag

Have you dried it off thoroughly? Yep

What other info can you supply? I cranked it up and let it idle for around ten mins immediately after i'd cleaned it - with no issues. It was only when i went to take it for a spin 30mins later that it didn't want to play.
As it reaches approx 2500rpm it sounds like its about to backfire and then just cuts out. it won't rev above that at all, it starts and ticks over with no problems.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
check ur rubbers on the carb , inlet manifold , is ur choke stuck on ??
drain ur carb too , incase some water got in , highly unlikely but its a process of elimination because the bike starts and runs up to 2.5k . do what kev says with the plug cap first , its either too much air or fuel or the lack of either ....
start with loose carb rubbers , then go over the carb :burp:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Buy a can of water dispersant (GT-85 WD40, Electrical contact cleaner, etc, the list is endless) and go mad on all your electrical connections, spray it in them, on them, round them, etc. it'll be water in somewhere it shouldn't be. Make sure the connections are pushed together properly, If it's not electrical then it'll probably be water in the carb as oggo said.

·
Premium Member
31,658 Posts
Hardly a cure though, is it?

When you get caught out in a shower and it does it again you will wish you had found the fault!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.