KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody tried this or does anybody know if the tail section and number board unit from a Duke 2 will bolt on to the subframe of a 640 LC4 from 2002?

I know the tail light and number plate holder are the same and that the Duke unit is set up for twin tail pipes in comparison to the single exhaust on the LC4, but I'm toying with the idea of making some changes that dont include the welding etc that is required for updating the tail to the 07 (?) LC4 that I see has been done on here. As sweet as that is, my work commitments would make that impossible for me to do.

The drooping dick look of the current tail piece is the only visual part of my bike I dont particularly like, and toying around with some second hand parts that are readily available and cheap is something I'm planning to do over the winter months when I wont be riding, unless anybody out there is looking for a welding job on my current subframe to suit changing to the newer tail piece that is. ;)

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cancel the request folks ....... I had a trawl through the web and found part numbers and drawings on the topic and now know that the subframes are different, so this wont be taking up any of my time.

Still willing to discuss prices with any welders out there willing to take on the job of turning my current subframe into something capable of taking the newer rear end plastics though, so dont be shy if your up to the challenge, I work away from home on a rotation so the bike being off of the road for a month is not an issue to me ........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts