KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if any of the wheels for other models of KTM fit directly onto the Duke 2, quite fancied a set of spoked wheels with dual purpose tyres, Do the 660/690 SMC wheels fit ? Or other models thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi mikhall.
I fitted Duke2 wheels to my 2003 640 LC4 Supermoto, and it wasn’t simple.
The front axle (spindle) is a smaller diameter on the Duke2.
The Duke2 wheel hubs are narrower than the Supermoto spoked hubs and I had to fit spacers to the front axle, and spacers to the front and rear brake caliper mounts.
Also had to fit a spacer to the front wheel speed sensor (which was also turned upside down).
As I had to fit spacers, you will need to remove metal :eek:
Unless you have good engineering skills and machine shop facilities – DON’T DO IT.
Alloy wheels look better (IMHO) anyway.

KevInYork is the oracle – wait for his advice (Wazza knows :poop: all)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies wazzaDuke33 and Jonnydipstick, so two different opinions haha. Sounds like you have first hand experience Jonny sounds like the LC4 hubs are too wide, Wazza are you saying you have fitted LC4's ? yeah look forward to hearing if anyone else has attempted it, cheers guys

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had a Duke I 620 so it has the same (moreorless) swingarm. the chap had something similar about spacers and I posted some pictures here:

I had Duke 1 wheels (which should have the same hubs as the other LC4's, and a cushioned rear sprocket carrier) maybe that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts