KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First start since crash. New subframe put in and everything seems hooked back up ok. Have all my lights, ignition and alarm. Go to try to start for 1st time today with a freshly charged battery and it tries to turn over but just won't fire up. Any idea's what to look to first?

·
Registered
38 Posts
First start since crash. New subframe put in and everything seems hooked back up ok. Have all my lights, ignition and alarm. Go to try to start for 1st time today with a freshly charged battery and it tries to turn over but just won't fire up. Any idea's what to look to first?
I had a similar problem after I had the engine out for installing rally cam. When i tried to fire it up, it won´t start. My problem was, that the quick-connection for the fuel line was not plugged all the way in, a bit hard to see. But when I checked it and gave it a little more force there was a nice little "click" and it fired right up after :redface:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar problem after I had the engine out for installing rally cam. When i tried to fire it up, it won´t start. My problem was, that the quick-connection for the fuel line was not plugged all the way in, a bit hard to see. But when I checked it and gave it a little more force there was a nice little "click" and it fired right up after :redface:
Whats the quick connection for the fuel line?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a rubber fuel hose on mine. Had to put the alarm back in with the rest of the electrics at the back. Would the alarm/immob prevent a spark at all I wonder?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a rubber fuel hose on mine. Had to put the alarm back in with the rest of the electrics at the back. Would the alarm/immob prevent a spark at all I wonder?
That could be the problem. Check the instruction manual for you alarm, and see if it stands anything there about your problem. Re-setting the alarm or something like that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Easiest thing to do is rule out what can actually stop it firing..
Got gas in the tank?
Fuel tap set to on or reserve (not off..)
Choke on, drain float bowl fuel is getting to the carb?
If so, you know the starter motor is working as its trying to fire, so SEE if it is getting a spark. Remove spark plug, fit HT lead to plug, earth plug to the bike either on cylinder head or exposed bolt on frame and hit the starter (hold it by the lead btw so you don't get a shock) do you see any spark? If no, then check all electrical connections, start with the bikes own before you fanny about with anything to do with the alarm or immobilizer.
Chances are it will be something minor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.