KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just received my duke back as a write off (Unbelievable) and I'm hoping to embark on repairs myself. This may be the first of many questions as I haven't actually seen my bike yet, except photos, since my accident. Thought I may never ride again but my old man memory has kicked in and I seem to have parked the memory of the accident somewhere out of reach!

Cheap and slowly will be the aim here and I've started to look at buying new indicators. I've read that the indicators may require electronic enabling by a dealer? Really? Anyone have experience of cheap aftermarket indicators, even cheapy Chinese ones (Frown) that don't require setup by a dealer? What are my options here?

And lots of the advertised indicators state that they are for DUKE 690 2013 to 2017 --- Is there any change in the 2019 model?

thanks all

Stu

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
1.No idea what you're talking about, the indicators are just cheap KTM indicators on a 690.
2. No change, the only differences are things you wouldn't notice really, things like the Catalytic converter is different, engine components different, but basically the bikes from a 'component' context are teh same from 12-19
3. why buy cheap ones ? just get some KTM ones... cheap ones are cheap because they're rubbish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Both,

@weeksy I thought it didn't sound right but this what I read:

Looks like the 2016 > do need to be activated via the dealer that sucks

£72.27

KTM LED INDICATOR SET

To be able use the LED turn signals for the 690 DUKE, they must be activated in the speedometer using the XC1 tool:
Is this not the case?

bw

S

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Thanks Both,

@weeksy I thought it didn't sound right but this what I read:

Is this not the case?

bw

S
That's because he tried to installed LEDs, which run at a different rate to standard indicators.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
So I need to get Non LED indicators? Most replacements seem to be LED?
You can fit bulb or LED. If you fit LED on a bike that used bulb, then you need the correct Relay. Pull the indicator relay off your bike, and just find an LED one off ebay.
Alternatively you can use Indicator resistors.

Examples..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts