KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m pulling apart and refreshing/upgrading some parts on a 2015 duke 690...
came across this, not fixed to anything, and wanted to know a) what is it and b) what should it be secured to?!

thanks all

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I dont know the 690 motor, but to me it looks like part of the sas/epc/etc side of things that a p.o has removed. The bit of pipe looks like it has been used to blank something off (open end probably filledwith silicone.

Someone more informed will be along soon enough.

·
Registered
437 Posts
looks like the absolute air pressure sensor in the inlet manifold (looks same as the LC8 engine).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - appreciate that. From your note DucATIRadeon - i searches this online and you’re correct - it’s the ambient air pressure sensor for the throttle body.
From your Rc8 can you tell me what this fitting is secured to?

·
Registered
437 Posts
on my LC8 (990SMT) the rubber tube is connected to the inlet manifold on the head, and the holder is attached to a lug directly on the frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again - Dansin, is the rubber tube connected to anything on your 690 enduro, and what is it screwed to?
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the fixing point - tube points downwards, and isn’t connected to anything. It fixes to a lug on the subframe, and uses a screw that goes through the coolant reservoir, through the lug and into the nut that it clipped onto this sensor...got there!!!
thanks all for feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts