KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to fit duke exhaust onto my 690 smr, but i cant find any info on the net as what excatly is needed to get the exhaust fitted. Im liking the look of the duke exhaust and after seeing a few people doing the conversion, think im gona do the same myself.
Can anyone help out please?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats it, excatly what im after. I came across a real cheap full akra system for duke and im hoping it will fit my SMR, but i need to now exactly what i need in order to fit it? brackets, spoiler,etc...

Is this your bike btw??
cheers

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Nope...not my bike. I found a thread on supermotojunkie. There wasn't really any info on there, just a few piccies.

·
Registered
316 Posts
try duffyhs he is on the ktm.eu(German) forum but has posted here(in english) send him a pm he has the std duke exhaust on his 690 sm

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a look at a Duke and its only the header pipe , muffler and 1 or 2 small brackets off the crank case. Should be an easy fit.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
We helped a customer who fitted a Remus silncer from a Duke to his 690 SMR - needed the SMR header plus some of the mounting brackets/belly pan. Will try to look back at work tomorrow and post details here

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi and good morning guys!

Yes this is my bike, have a look how it looks NOW:

if anyone wants to know how to mount the original DUKE silencer or the Akra sytem, please send me an PM

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thats it, excatly what im after. I came across a real cheap full akra system for duke and im hoping it will fit my SMR, but i need to now exactly what i need in order to fit it? brackets, spoiler,etc...

Is this your bike btw??
cheers
Are there any more of those real cheap Duke Akra's going?

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there!i am going to buy a duke's exhaust tomorrow,with the intention of installing it on my 690 sm.is there any problems as far
as ground clearance is concerned?is it likely to scratch the exhaust
if for example i hit a road bump?is it by anyway dangerous for my safety?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hello there!i am going to buy a duke's exhaust tomorrow,with the intention of installing it on my 690 sm.is there any problems as far
as ground clearance is concerned?is it likely to scratch the exhaust
if for example i hit a road bump?is it by anyway dangerous for my safety?
Thanks a lot.
You'll have more ground clearance than on a Duke as you've got taller suspension, so can't see you'll have a problems. You will obviously have less ground clearance than you have with the standard exhaust though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Planning to change my duke 690 headlight to 690sm/r type.. Any idea how much the headlight cost? And any additional kit/bracket needed to fit it on my duke?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts