KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had a run out on one yet.
Had a few hrs on one last week and its a very impressive bike.
Obviously wont have the offroad potential of the ADV but that aside, I was seriously taken with it.
Some spoked 17s would open it up to the light lanes a bit more, as as it stands, those marchesinis wouldn't last an afternoon.
Wonder if they will appear in the aftermarket catalogue.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Did a bikers breakfast meeting a month back and they had one there for demo...looked a lovely bit of kit and everyone who rode it gave a big thumbs up...the ability to change power delivery from the speedo set up also seemed to go down well but an off road machine its not.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, must admit, it would be fire roads only, those things definitely ain't made to drop repeatedly. Very similar to the abilities of the benelli trek offroad I would imagine. Brake and gear levers, pegs etc would be gone after any reasonable off.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Ducati have come up with a fantastic bike

But

I don't like the look of the front, or the exhaust for that matter.

'Enduro' mode is laughable as those wheels would get smashed to pieces soon enough - and when I was looking at it at the London bike show the hand guards were like paper and had already broke on the mount and theres no way it had been dropped. If you took it off road and dropped it that would be the end of it - you may as well take a Superduke off road (as some do!) - but they don't try and pretend it has any off-road capability. Any bike can be taken off road of course.....you just have to have a certain.....mentality.

Great road bike though and KTM could learn a thing or two about the service intervals IMO

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Electrics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you all know what I mean

Also the problem for me is the weight of all these type bikes after riding the Adventure I just cannot get used to how heavy they are on the road compared to the Adventure and how bulky to sit on etc etc

The Adventure does not have some of the tricks or refined touches of these other bikes but those touches fade very fast and the Adventure just goes on and on

·
Registered
117 Posts
My mate has one and whilst bombing down a particulary bumpy road it bottomed out and ripped the exhaust shield off!! then a few miles later the suspension gave up-it went into some sort of 'standby' mode and told him to bring it back to the dealer..I'm not too sure wot happened but I think one of the motors that controls the suspensioin adjustment gave up!! In fairness he was horsing it on a bit doing lots of jumps and wheelying but i thought (as did he) it would take a bit more aduse than that. Its just a comfy sports bike from what i can see with no real off road potential. Personally I'm not sure about all these latest 'exciting' electronic this and that it's like something else to go wrong esp as its a bucket of scrap ducati lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
As well as being a KTM dealer we also sell Ducati - so I have our demonstrator Multistrada to use whenever I want.

There is no doubt that it makes a great road bike. As has been said already it's credibility offroad is open t question but I ams sure it could to some offroad work if appropriate care is taken. On the road 150 bhp (claimed) means it is far quicker than the 990 Adventure but do you really need that much power on the roads ?

I think the real indicator of which bike means more to me is that I used the Multistrada all the time when we first got it but am now back to using my Adventure daily ...........................

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lived in Bologna, Ducati-lia and they're weekend warrior bikes, not Dakar-winning off-roaders that are fine road bikes too

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If I win lotto I buy a Adv R.
if I win the lotto I'm gonna pay YOU to ride my new Adventure R for me :D

And I'm gonna buy Gav a special shortened version ................ or maybe pay to get his legs made longer like he always wishes for

"Ahhh ................ if only I had long legs :frown: .................. "

Meanwhile - I LOVE the look of the Ducati but .. .. .. .. well it's a pretender innit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts