KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps,
I'm thinking of getting a Superduke or an Aprilia Tuono.
Any body ridden both?
(I know you'll be bias but WTF)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
yep, Tuono end of

·
Registered
206 Posts
ridden both, tuono has good strong engine but is like trying to steer the titanic compared to the SD

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
are you mad, tuono goes, stops and handles Much better than a superpoop

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
super dukes the bike you buy if you don't know any better, then you buy a Tuono

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Tuono and SD meet at Cadwell last month

5 SD's in fast group, 0 tuonos ! !

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I've owned both and for me personally, the Superduke wipes the floor with the Tuono in every single department,from reliability, to handling, to power delivery, to desireability.

I was always pleasently suprised when my Tuono actually started... and always disappointed when i got off it.

THe Superduke excites me in a way the Tuono never could. It was no real shock i only had it a few months.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Super duke every time don't get me wrong ive had two new tuonos over the last five years nice bikes but the ktm wipes the floor with the tuono

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
how does a superduke wipe the floor with a tuono, interested to know

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
the superduke is slow and don't handle, unlike the tuono, and why are you talking about xt's and husky's, two bikes i gladly have no idea of

·
Registered
984 Posts
don't get me wrong the tuono is a top bike and a top bike to ride but when you jump on the ktm its just something that clicks in your head
my ktm turns quicker than the tuono it feels like its pulling your arms out of your sockets when you open it up
the tuono was more tame in my opinion but i must say my ktm is a x battle bike with all the bits done to it i have only done ten miles on a standard ktm but that was it i was smitten i had to have one

and like every one says every time you get of the super duke you have a grin from ear to ear

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
mine is a factory with all the ohlins suzzies and damper, lighter than the R, i was going to get a superduke to got with the other 3 ktms i had in my garage but when i rode on a was very very dissapointed indeed, it was very slow, 130 and it runs out of legs, the seating is a neither sit up or over the bars, i could not get comfortable at all, it didn't handle and wouldn't stop.
however the tuono factory just feel right, more than enough grunt at low revs, hit 6000 and it surges forward, top speed is very respectable, the front brakes are fantastic the rear brake is shite but i don't use it much
but end of the day its each to their own, you like the duke and i like the tuono

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
yep my mums got one. she loves it as there is plenty of room for shopping ))) to much weight up top. turns slow goes well on the straights.
the Tuono is lighter than the superduke, even with shopping

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its lighter without the battery, not much use when you're trying to get a quick get away with your shopping

1 - 20 of 76 Posts