KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following on from the "Down to the woods" thread, I thought I'd start a new one for the promised trip around Thetford Forest

The plan is coming together: I was over there yesterday, but on my own so couldn't ride the lanes. It doesn't look as wet as it did last time I was up there, so the going should be easier.

Easter should be a good time to do it - four days to choose from, to ride and/or recover! ;)

I know there are quite a few people who are interested in coming, but being the Easter weekend it's likely to be busy with other byway traffic so probably no more than half a dozen bikes - unless someone else knows the area and want to lead a second group. It's my local area, and I don't want to upset the natives!

If there's enough demand, I don't mind doing two runs over the weekend (any excuse to get out on the bike!).

So, how's that sound? :burnout:

Please form a orderly (yeah, right!) queue :D

Saturday
Joneswgareth
SignXman
Tula
Whitewolf (+1)
Umii

I suggest we meet at Walker's Café, near Fiveways Roundabout at 10.00. Google Map

See - they look better dirty!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Nice one Gordo - Unfortunately, can't make easter w/end :frown: However, will be riding over Normandy :)

Hope it all goes well.

Dave

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Put me down for a defo maybe Gordo, il be up for it if I can get the Sunday off work, otherwise il just do the Saturday, may have a mate to bring along, about to buy his first Adventure so will be good for him to blood himself!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yes Please - have to work around the boys football (season should have been finished but with all the iffy weather we are still catching up) but should be fine for either day.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry you can't make it, Dave - have to sort something out another time.

I'll update my original post with names as people confirm, and which day.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yes pls, count me in ;) (either day is fine)

Anyone else coming from London...
I will be - Clapham Common area if you want to travel up

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any more takers? I'm sure there were more people interested in the "Down to the Woods" thread - but maybe Easter's the wrong weekend...

Would another weekend suit better?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Gordo, how we looking? I am still coming for the saturday - although I want to fit more appropriate tyres for the occasion, but at the moment cant seem to get hold of any 908's. Anyway, theres a chance that I may be on Scorps, well im sure it wont be easy but it will be fun!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, we're still good to go on the Saturday. I suggest we meet at Walker's Café, near Fiveways Roundabout at 10.00.

Google Map

I'm hoping to get over there with my map to refresh my memory before the big day so we don't spend too much time faffing around over directions / maps / GPS instructions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Gordo, how we looking? I am still coming for the saturday - although I want to fit more appropriate tyres for the occasion, but at the moment cant seem to get hold of any 908's. Anyway, theres a chance that I may be on Scorps, well im sure it wont be easy but it will be fun!
I gave up on the 908s so getting some TCKs fitted this week. Did you consider them?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I gave up on the 908s so getting some TCKs fitted this week. Did you consider them?
I have but to be honest I decided on the 908 as people rate them much better. Now we are into Spring/Summer :confused: I want to put on some tyres specifically for more off road use but that will also be ok on tarmac and not too bad when it rains. I have seen that people seem to rate the 908 as better for this and in terms of wear.

However, it is pointless if you cant get hold of em!

Its a tough call, wait a bit longer and do Thetford in Scorps so you get the better tyre or go for TCK which you can get now but which is not as good.....

Have you found it difficult getting hold of them too?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have but to be honest I decided on the 908 as people rate them much better. Now we are into Spring/Summer :confused: I want to put on some tyres specifically for more off road use but that will also be ok on tarmac and not too bad when it rains. I have seen that people seem to rate the 908 as better for this and in terms of wear.

However, it is pointless if you cant get hold of em!

Its a tough call, wait a bit longer and do Thetford in Scorps so you get the better tyre or go for TCK which you can get now but which is not as good.....

Have you found it difficult getting hold of them too?
Yeah, I made a few calls and timing wasn't right till I could get them so TKCs seemed a good choice. A few peeps on the forum rated them well for road use as well so I figured what the hell ;)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Gordo I will be on my own, cant bring mate as he doesnt get his bike till after the weekend.

Tula - Il call you in the week and we will arrange meeting up if you still want to travel up together

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
i'll be on scorps - I've got TKc's in the Garage but i highly like my scorpoins and even off road in ice they were good:)

see y'all Saturday:cool:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 61 Posts