KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EXC-F 350 2014-15 power relay and light relay not working

Hi Guys i have my exc-f 350 2014-15 suddenly it stopped working overnight, no spark and FI light on unless i short the K30 power relay out then the ECU powers up and will start on the electric start and FI light and fuel pump works, also the lights dont work unless i short the the lighting relay out when the bikes running. I have replaced the Voltage regulator/rectifier but still no joy i have checked the wiring loom and replaced any bad connections, it puts out 14.5v while charging the battery so i am at a loss to what its is it appears to be something with the floating ground to the relays but i cant find it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What was the fix fir this problem? I seem to have the same problem

thanks

EXC-F 350 2014-15 power relay and light relay not working

Hi Guys i have my exc-f 350 2014-15 suddenly it stopped working overnight, no spark and FI light on unless i short the K30 power relay out then the ECU powers up and will start on the electric start and FI light and fuel pump works, also the lights dont work unless i short the the lighting relay out when the bikes running. I have replaced the Voltage regulator/rectifier but still no joy i have checked the wiring loom and replaced any bad connections, it puts out 14.5v while charging the battery so i am at a loss to what its is it appears to be something with the floating ground to the relays but i cant find it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you tried swapping the lighting relay with the relay next to it?
They are both the same relay, part number are identical.
Just to see if your relay is knackered.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve got the same issue on 2012 350 excf.
both relays work, they’re just not getting the ground signal to activate. if I ground the power relay with a wire, the fuel pump primes and I can start the bike. Disconnect the ground and it all keeps running fine.
I have no idea what the issue is. Been checking wiring and swapping parts all week but still the same.
thinking I might just put a switch to the relay so I can ground it and leave it like that 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had come to the conclusion it was probably this. I’ve changed just about everything else apart for the ecu.
I don’t have any riding buddies with a compatible unit and I was loathe to spend £130 on a new one when I wasn’t 100% sure.
i saw the cheap Chinese ones, but was worried they might be a bit shit Or might burst into flames.
how long have you been running yours?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I been running it for about 3 months,this is the 3rd time I've replaced this unit on my bike, the first time I changed out the generator coils as well to be sure it played no part in the rectifier failure. Both other replacements were KTM parts but this time I wasn't prepared to hand out another £120 to KTM so thought I'd give the aftermarket one a go,so far so good. I think if it was going to burst into flames it would have done it by now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts