KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nasty little trick the 8 pulled on me this morning, bike fired up fine, low fuel light went out, MIL light lit up and stayed on, no flashing but went out when the bike was revved,switch off and the main fuse blows.
Have had the tank off and used contact cleaner spray on the fuel pump connectors, that is the only part of the fuel side I have touched, no obvious bare wires.
Bike has not been so good at low temp running for a few weeks now but fine when warm.
Any ideas before I go down the expensive 'plug in diagnostic' route ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine was fine then for no reason when cold stalled a couple of times so I turned dff the sai sensor and O2 sensors and was fine ....
But since then I de-catted the pipe and downloaded the aka map ......
Have a look at TuneEcu app and a cable from lonelec .... you'll be able to read error codes with the app also

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, have just bought the leads, trying to find a free copy of the app ,Tune Ecu state on their site that it is freeware and cannot guarantee the authenticity of an app of the same name that someone charges for !
I don't want to download a corrupt app/crap

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think the Windows versions are specific to XP, Vista, 7,8 and 10 where as I'm using Android on a tablet ( got fed up with 10 running background crap and burning data like my bike burns fuel ). I will get in touch with the app developer and see what assurances I get as to it being genuine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just make sure any android version you download in the play store is from Alain Fontaine - Developer behind tune ecu probably deserves the £10.49 he is charging and you’ll knows it’s legit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it done this morning, the app didn't work that smoothly on this tablet,nothing like the video on YouTube but new map download and its behaving !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts