KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is it the 2 stroke E boot? if so take off the electric motor, give it a really good clean and lightly lube and prey you havent burnt it out. not owned one myself but heard that if these 2 stroke starters arent cleaned every 15 minutes then they stick and fry themselves, hence so many earlier 2 stroke bikes with the E boot for sale without starter or battery fitted to save some weight, why?? is half a kg going to make that much difference?? whats that about 0.6 litres of fuel at 0.8sg? or is it the hundreds of £££'s to replace a fried one??

If its a 4t bike then they seam quite reliable so would suggest popping off the big wire off the starter, putting a volt meter to it and checking for 12 volts, if nothing do the same either side of the relay next to your fuse. a simple process of ellimination. if you havent a volt meter use a 12 volt bulb and some wire duck taped to the terminals for a crude volt checker and look for a bright light.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm having the same problem 2012 six days 250 exc 2 stroke 36 hrs on the clock, press the magic button only to hear a click, charged the battery not sure if it is holding charge not sure how to check. Battery connections checked and ok mate seems to think it maybe the brushes.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My money's on the brushes, either worn out or stuck in the slide so it's worn until it doesn't touch anymore.

Slavens Racing videos are the place to start on YouTube.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.