KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next event will be on October 3rd at the Tunbridge Wells site. Different track layout to previous events. See you there!

( Make the most of the last few events of this year, as in mid winter, if it's as wet as last year we'll not be running! )

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Slightly off topic, TBEC are not running there last event of the season at Tonbridge. Its on the TBEC site as a changed event and firstly can i say i'm no fan of rumours. The 'rumour' has it something to do with noisey bikes. I enjoy riding at Tonbridge and to say i was looking forward to the ride is true. Actually, i'm really p**sed off the event has changed which is very true also. I'm asking this because i don't like rumours and if its not true then my riding with TBEC may come to an end. Your land is first class, makes for some good racing, its local to me and when it rains its brilliant. I want to ask TBEC why i'm not riding at Tonbridge and to have a real reason from you to say its true or challenge this untruth. If you wanna PM a reply no probs.

Keep up the good work. i'm not able to ride on the 3rd as i'm in Norway for that week.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
( Make the most of the last few events of this year, as in mid winter, if it's as wet as last year we'll not be running! )[/QUOTE]

eeh isnt that the idea of enduro

·
Registered
37 Posts
( Make the most of the last few events of this year, as in mid winter, if it's as wet as last year we'll not be running! )
eeh isnt that the idea of enduro[/QUOTE]

yes it is the idea, but ..... it makes it really hard for us travelling marshals to keep the flow going, you pay your money and you expect to ride not spend 40 mins or so dragging your bike to a point where you can get back on and ride (who wants to do that) especially as its only a pratice day and no points involved, i enjoy helping other people out but there is a limit you know ..........:D

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eeh isnt that the idea of enduro[/QUOTE]

It is, but this site is clay, and last winter was proper wet. As an example, the TBEC race last year: The morning check lap we did to make sure TBEC had set a course within what the landowner required took me around 15mins. I started on row 10, first lap, 35 mins! This site is good fun in the wet, but when it's that wet, there is also heavy damage to the land/track. We'll run in the wet, as we love to ride, as i'm sure most people don't mind the mud, but when it's that wet it's not good for the site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts