KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enduroland this Sunday.

Thinking about doing my first enduroland event this sunday at Whaddon as need some bike time,whats your thoughts on enduroland events and Whaddon if anyones been there,.....anyone else going?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Very well organised,easy and hard routes,no hassle that I've seen from faster riders,avoid the start/traffic jam. Enjoy and drink loads.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Best practice you can get (unless you come from somewhere like the forest of dean:eek::rolleyes:).
Tracks normally laid out better than a race.
Quads and bikes kept seperate for this one alternating between 2 tracks, they've not tried this before so it'll be interesting to see if it works out.
We'll have our little group of regulars there so pop over and say hello.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yep I'll be there with 3 other mates, bit of a trek but hopefully worth it

·
Registered
242 Posts
no need to book, turn up and ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only reason to book for this weekend is to let them know u are going to be camping.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
i should be there too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thats sorted then,il head for Whaddon sunday morning,may even leave the pub a little earlier instead of stumbling home with half a chewed kebab as a peace offering for my little nest of vipers when I wake everyone up within a 5 mile radius!!!
will be there with my fatter mate,....silver vito & number 4 on my 450 exc,come say hello or help get the bike of me when im upside down in a hedge!!!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
PLease note: taken from website:

UPDATE ON SUNDAYS EVENT.

This Sunday’s 'Wild And Whaddon' will now be run from 9am-3pm. One big loop of just over 8km (including the old school mx track), this will be a full six hours of practice.
For anyone who wishes to stay on we are holding another quad and solo ‘sprint challenge’ from 3-5pm. One timed lap of a shorter 2.2km loop to include the mx track. This is just for fun and it would be great for everyone to have a go, challenge your mates. One bike at a time . Free entry to our next event at Chacombe (the boundary) for fastest enduro solo, fastest mx solo, ladies solo, 4x4 quad and sports quad. We have taken this decision to ensure a more enjoyable day for all riders and allow for a bit of competition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all!
my first post in the forum :)

I'm "alone" on Sunday (apart from all the people riding there) since my mates are not coming with me. It will me my first time also in Whaddon, it's close to home so I'll get there riding the bike.
I've seen some photos and videos but I don't know if it's worth paying the 40quid. I'm from Barcelona (Spain) and I'm not used to pay when riding! ;-)
I'll be there with a blue '07 wr250f and red outfit+orange/white Airoh helmet. Any tip to recognize any of you? (apart from Porkyblader)
see you on Sunday!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
go over to my site and check out all the enduroland ride reports you might see some of us that will be there.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
this is me in orange on the right (yes i know i'm 'redbikejohn' but i ride a ktm and dress in orange!

this is dan on the left and steve

this is tony

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Im Thinking of going this weekend, anyone been before and know what the track is like? or likely to be like given all the rain?
it's supposed to be dry this weekend. track is great once nigel (enduroland) lay out an enduro loop. not much cop without it as you tend to wonder about the place.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts