KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enduro - Enduro is a form of motorcycle sport run on courses that are predominantly off-road. Enduro consists of many different obstacles and challenges. The main type of enduro event, and the format to which the World Enduro Championship is run, is a time-card enduro, whereby a number of stages are raced in a time trial against the clock.

H&H - In the United Kingdom, A Hare and Hound (H&H) is a type of off road motorcycle sport where the entrants compete motorcycles over a marked course of natural rugged terrain. The event is comparable to an extended length motocross (anything from 1 hour to 12 hours in extreme examples) but tend not to included artificial jumps that characterise modern motocross. The general length of a Hare and Hounds tracks is around 6 miles although it does vary depending on the status and club which the track has been made for.

Hare scramble - is the name given to a particular form of off-road motorcycle racing. Traditionally a hare scramble can vary in length and time with the contestants completing multiple laps around a marked course through wooded or other rugged natural terrain. The overall winner is awarded to the contestant who maintains the highest speed throughout the event.

Endurocross - Enduro-X or EX is a mix of Supercross and Enduro. It is an American-style spectacle similar in fashion to Supermoto, however, it is indoors over obstacles resembling a trials track. Its main difference is in there being "hard rock sections", and wooden parts (resembling fallen trees), rather than tarmac in between jumps. Tracks incorporate various elements of off-road riding, including rocks, boulders, logs, sand, mud, a water-hole and special obstacles (like giant tires)

Correct me if I am wrong but they're all pretty similar??

Info taken from wiki!

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
just make sure you don't sign up for an endurocross for your first enduro!! you will be back on a FJ600 Diversion in no time!!! :D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you say that Ben, I did! ASW Huntsham endurocross 2x 1hr sessions nothing to bad but very quick pace.

Done 3 H&H since then.....:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts