KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to anyone who can help.

I am new to KTMs and have a 950 SMR. I noticed the oil level was low the other day so purchased he recommended 10W50 Motorex Synt Oil and followed the procedure in the manual for checking and adding oil.

However, it seems I did not check the level carefully enough before adding because I overfilled the tank. I did a ride like this before realising what I had done when the bike started cutting out at the lights.

I have since drained the level down to a normal reading and now check the level only after a proper ride as opposed to justing warming the engine like the manual suggests.

However even though the oil level is normal now the bike is still cutting out occasionally at a standstill. On a 12 mile ride it cut out 6 times but not every time i stopped.

My question to anyone who could advise is have I done some permanent damage? Or can I quickly remedy this by doing something?

The bike is as powerful and potent as ever and runs well apart from this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Yes my mate said that. It is a ballache to check though as you have to take off the tank. Sigh.

Might just see if it gets worse and take to dealer if it does. I have zero mechanical skills...

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts