KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 SDR

Had bike serviced on Wednesday + new rear tyre + a Stebel Soundblaster horn fitted.
Didn't ride the bike on Thursday - on Friday went for a ride to Lincolnshire.
Got as far as Dartford Tunnel when a message came up on my phone that it was shutting down due to 5% power remaining, even though it was plugged into a usb lead.
This was followed shortly afterwards by my Garmin Zumo packing up due to a lack of power running the internal battery down.

Turns out that one 10 amp fuse had blown, probably when the techie fitted the Stebel.

I replaced it, which restored power to usb lead and Zumo, but I confess that I had the ignition on whilst I pulled each fuse in turn when checking them.

Since then, the engine management light stays on permanently.

Is there a way I can reset this, or do I have to get the dealer to do it?

·
Registered
551 Posts
2018 SDR

Had bike serviced on Wednesday + new rear tyre + a Stebel Soundblaster horn fitted.
Didn't ride the bike on Thursday - on Friday went for a ride to Lincolnshire.
Got as far as Dartford Tunnel when a message came up on my phone that it was shutting down due to 5% power remaining, even though it was plugged into a usb lead.
This was followed shortly afterwards by my Garmin Zumo packing up due to a lack of power running the internal battery down.

Turns out that one 10 amp fuse had blown, probably when the techie fitted the Stebel.

I replaced it, which restored power to usb lead and Zumo, but I confess that I had the ignition on whilst I pulled each fuse in turn when checking them.

Since then, the engine management light stays on permanently.

Is there a way I can reset this, or do I have to get the dealer to do it?
You could try powering it all down and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Connect back up and try again? This often will reset ECU s etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought of that - thanks, I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery disconnect didn't work - phoned dealer who said the EML would be showing as a fault on the ECU, so would have to be brought back to them to connect it up to their machine to cancel it.

Did that this afternoon - all good now

·
Registered
551 Posts
Battery disconnect didn't work - phoned dealer who said the EML would be showing as a fault on the ECU, so would have to be brought back to them to connect it up to their machine to cancel it.

Did that this afternoon - all good now
Ahh well, it was worth a try. Thanks for the update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts