KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Going to remove the SAS/SLS & EPC systems from my bike (950SM) over the weekend. It's already had the canister removed. I've made the block-off plates myself and have all the necessary bits and pieces (grommets, vaccum caps, yada yada yada).

One question before I do it - the bike won't need the carburetion fiddling with afterwards, will it? My needles have been raised ("3rd clip") to suit my Akra end cans :confused: I doubt the SAS/SLS system would require carbs to be fiddled with, but the EPC system interfaces directly with the carbs...

Cheers :smokin:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thought not, as I'd not seen it mentioned in any guides! I like to ask anyway though! Cheers.

Is the removal of the EPC (power limiter in 2nd & 3rd) really noticable?
Only if you're trying to provoke it or pull wheelies sans clutch in my experience i.e. whacking the throttle fully open very quickly is the only time it is noticeable.

Bill

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Cool, thanks. The main reason for doing this is to stop the OTT backfiring on decelleration, figured I might as well remove both systems while I'm at it.

Thanks again!
It won't alter the popping on the overrun, neither the SAS or the EPC are active on a closed throttle.

Bill

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so update to this. EPC system removal gives the bike a bit of extra kick through 2nd and 3rd but not a fat lot more, exactly as Bunter said! Removing SAS/SLS made no difference at all, again as Bunter said (i'd read some incorrect info about it), but it's one less thing to go wrong and is only there to benefit the stock exhausts that I no longer run... about an hours work in total not including removing the tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts