KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has already been posted (didn't have any joy with the search)

EU proposal to introduce Europe-wide spot checks on bikes, clampdown on modifications and changes to MOT

Read in to it what you will. Link to online consultation thingymajooogeriddy if you fancy having your say in the MCN article:

Euro MoT threat

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Be afraid ..... be very afraid of the German style checks and regulations. These chaps absolutely detest any form of non-compliance!

Eurocrats don't like innovation, free thinking, creativity or any form of personal expression. Come to think of it ..... all those Brits that vote Labour enjoy being told what to think as well.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Be afraid ..... be very afraid of the German style checks and regulations. These chaps absolutely detest any form of non-compliance!

Eurocrats don't like innovation, free thinking, creativity or any form of personal expression. Come to think of it ..... all those Brits that vote Labour enjoy being told what to think as well.
They enjoy telling other people what to think :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've actually filled in the survey today. The hilarious justification they quote is the harmonization of the single European market. Which is complete bollix, of course, as harmonizing mot standards has got fuck all to do with markets - it's not like you'd just nip to Italy for your test because it's £3 cheaper, is it?:wanker:
But I did vote for more spot checks on exhausts, number plates and dark visors

Only kidding......

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have my doubts that it will go ahead because of the loss of business for ALL of the aftermarket parts suppliers and resulting loss in tax for the UK government.

Simple economics

Aftermarket industry shuts down
Suppliers shut down
MORE jobless = more drain on an already stretched governments ability to pay out benefits.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just had a thought .......... I was assuming our government actually gave a rats ass about anybody but themselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts