KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning: Europ Assistance will only recover your bike if you tell them the cause is a mechanical breakdown (or similar.)

Pikeys smashed the ignition and immobiliser on my SMT in Rosebery Avenue (London EC1) two weeks ago. Europ Assistance refused to recover the bike to Bracken saying the incident was crime, not breakdown, related and therefore I should contact the police instead :confused:
The fact I only wanted them to recover the bike, not act as Hercule Poirot, was apparently irrelevant: it's breakdown cover or nothing- quite literally.

Andrew, bless him, at Bracken & KTM UK tried for 24hrs to convince Europ Assistance that this was a stupid quibble but no luck. In the end Bracken got a local recovery firm to pick up my bike at a trade price.

The vultures were hovering by this stage. Another night and my bike would probably have been picked clean.

So remember kids: Whatever the cause of the problem tell Europ Assistance it's a mechanical breakdown.;)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Warning: Europ Assistance will only recover your bike if you tell them the cause is a mechanical breakdown (or similar.)

Pikeys smashed the ignition and immobiliser on my SMT in Rosebery Avenue (London EC1) two weeks ago. Europ Assistance refused to recover the bike to Bracken saying the incident was crime, not breakdown, related and therefore I should contact the police instead :confused:
The fact I only wanted them to recover the bike, not act as Hercule Poirot, was apparently irrelevant: it's breakdown cover or nothing- quite literally.

Andrew, bless him, at Bracken & KTM UK tried for 24hrs to convince Europ Assistance that this was a stupid quibble but no luck. In the end Bracken got a local recovery firm to pick up my bike at a trade price.

The vultures were hovering by this stage. Another night and my bike would probably have been picked clean.

So remember kids: Whatever the cause of the problem tell Europ Assistance it's a mechanical breakdown.;)
Not got the detailed policy here but suspect you would be covered for 'lost keys' if the mullered ignition lock was done by you trying to get the bike started....................

·
Registered
729 Posts
Rosebery Avenue (London EC1)
Never ever ever ever ever leave your bike in this area without some maHoosive lock on the bike. It will get stolen. Fact :censored:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
When I broke down in Spain KTM Assist wanted £250 +vat to help me. Plus the cost of recovery, parts and labour :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts