KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,ive just bought this bike 57 plate, off enduro news.
i only rode it for 15 minites @ my clutch lever kept sinking till i had no clutch at all wen i press it arr!
can any 1 help me out? this is my first ktm and may be my last if problems like this will accour thanks pete.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's probably air locked, try bleeding. Use a syringe and force the fluid from the clutch UP to the lever. I find it best to push as much as 200ml through

Good luck

Bingo

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
its a common problem the seals go in the slave cylinder and leak into eingine, they are around £70 from ktm dealership or you can buy a seal kit around £35 they then require bleeding and run on mineral oil, the ktm dealer will tell you which type, you then crack the slave cylinder nipple get a syringe and force the mineral oil up untlil it comes through the master cylinder, then top it up job done.

·
Premium Member
31,428 Posts
I think the slave seal is just an O ring. The o ring you need is a BS 021 23.52 x 1.78 (thats the size) and ask for it in viton (thats the material type). Viton is good for use with petroleum products and handles a higher temp than normal NBR (std black o rings)

770020210 O-RING 23,52X1,78 £1.18

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I think the slave seal is just an O ring. The o ring you need is a BS 021 23.52 x 1.78 (thats the size) and ask for it in viton (thats the material type). Viton is good for use with petroleum products and handles a higher temp than normal NBR (std black o rings)

770020210 O-RING 23,52X1,78 £1.18
There you go kev come up trumps if the o-ring works......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clutch issues

hey thanks again people mine was leaking strait in to the engine oil lol. naw replaced cylinder and alls well so far il b going for a bert later so il post my result on what i think of the 200 exc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts