KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I changed the front sprocket, put some loctite on the screw and tightened it with 60NMs.
Yesterday after I washed the bike I found that I can turn the washer with two fingers although the screw is still tightened :eek:

Whats wrong?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
288 Posts
The washer is supposed to be dished shaped. Has yours flattened?
(tightwad that I am!) I redished mine by putting it in a large socket and belting it with the ball end of a large hammer.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The washer is supposed to be dished shaped. Has yours flattened?
(tightwad that I am!) I redished mine by putting it in a large socket and belting it with the ball end of a large hammer.
*lol* nope, it's still in its original shape...

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sprocket on back to front? Smooth side is sposed to be out, side with the lumps on goes against the engine.
Ouch! Are you sure? Cant remember how I put it in... how's the washer to be installed. I fixed it with its concave side outwards....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had this same issue on my 525 a month ago....a new washer/bolt from my local dealer sorted it out.
I can only assume the washer gets slightly flatter with age, still looked the right shape but didnt quite grip properly.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK... mh. Lets see, I was -what rarely happens - totaly caned the night before and when I was replacing the sprocket I was still cross eyed *lol* And after 2,7 hours of use the darn washer should be like new.... Let you know what I found...

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you guys. me idiot has installed the sprocket wrong way round. everything is fine now. no I will not touch the bike again when I am still bladdered :) promise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts