KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased the above and looking for good rad braces and wrap around hand guards.
purchased some as3 rad braces but upon fitting the standard ktm rad covers would not fit on.
It forced them too far out.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Bullet proof. Rad guards. Am so shite I drop mine all the time and they don’t budge.

Think Paul Bolton’s DirtBikeSpec stock now.
not cheap but id have spent way more in money buying new rads or time I don’t have fixing rads.

wrap around i run Cycra ultrabend. Been good so far. Hit enough trees and saved my hands. Though dropped right on side recently and bent in a little so rubbing on throttle tube. Should bend back though with heat.

s

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I don't run rad guards. They affect lock, which annoys me more than some perceived danger. They seem unnecessary to me, as rads are designed to bend - why are they so soft metal otherwise?

I've never holed a set riding enduro and I did Sea 2 Sky last year without any either on my '19 TPI. That was a hard event; lots of rock, lots of get-offs. One of my rads has a little dent in it now. My '18 150 had one that was a bit banana-like as well. The '15 250 before that had one that was properly S-shaped, a right mess. Who cares? None of them leaked a drop.

The 17-onwards rad louvres are much more chunky than previous years, almost a rad brace themselves now.

Horses for courses. I understand this is an opinion that may bite me in the arse one day, but i don't like bolting loads of unnecessary metal to my bike.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I don't run rad guards. They affect lock, which annoys me more than some perceived danger. They seem unnecessary to me, as rads are designed to bend - why are they so soft metal otherwise?

I've never holed a set riding enduro and I did Sea 2 Sky last year without any either on my '19 TPI. That was a hard event; lots of rock, lots of get-offs. One of my rads has a little dent in it now. My '18 150 had one that was a bit banana-like as well. The '15 250 before that had one that was properly S-shaped, a right mess. Who cares? None of them leaked a drop.

The 17-onwards rad louvres are much more chunky than previous years, almost a rad brace themselves now.

Horses for courses. I understand this is an opinion that may bite me in the arse one day, but i don't like bolting loads of unnecessary metal to my bike.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Second bullet proof.
never effected my lock and when I took them off my 17 they looked like new.
dirt bike spec sell them now in the uk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out B B Offroad :

This site won't allow me to put up BBs website, but just ad .com.au behind bboffroad, and you'll get to them I'm Not a spammer, just an engineer that appreciates well made, great Australian products.

Full Brace / cage and Aluminium Louvers instead of just punched / drilled holes. So, not restricting airflow.

If you are a Brit , or are in Europe, your exchange rate will make them quite affordable, and, freight will be quick and, also, affordable.

I don't use them myself - my bike is so old they don't do them for it, I wish they did, but, I've long since made my own cage / braces. But, I've fitted them to plenty of bikes, and, they are a superb product.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Who cares if brace affect lock. I only go straight anyway :) Get Bullet Proof braces and be happy. Not cheap but life time warranty...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts