KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I own a Duke E last edition 1998 and I am looking for an exhaust muffler! I want to be brand new,do you have any idea?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I couldnt find a decent original remus exhaust for my Duke 620 1994; those that were around in DE were pretty scuffed and damaged.
try www.Ebay-Kleinanzeigen.de there's usually something there.

otherwise try getting an LC4 SX exhaust, they don't sound that bad.

·
Administrator
8,633 Posts
Some KTM dealers do have old parts on there shelves, i was in Jim Aim last week and Al was telling me about a headlight that they were selling back to one of the KTM directors for a 1998 bike, it was a big bore enduro but can't remember which model. The point being that you might just need to ring around and you might be lucky.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I might have one of these. However I will not be back home for 4 or 5 weeks. Is it an original that you want? Almost all the lc4s could you use the same cans from 93 to 07 with the obvious exceptions of the twin can models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might have one of these. However I will not be back home for 4 or 5 weeks. Is it an original that you want? Almost all the lc4s could you use the same cans from 93 to 07 with the obvious exceptions of the twin can models.
I would prefer the original, for this model was a Competition exhaust. Unfortunately previous owner cut the muffler....for some reasons
Let’s keep in touch to see what you got
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Panos, the Oe silencer for this model is not a comp part although the comp silencer from another lc4 model would be a straight fit. The Oe item is the all stainless boat anchor that most of the road legal lc4s of this period came with. I mention this as I don’t want you to wait 4/5 weeks only to find out that the item I have is not what you were expecting! ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
had the HGS4 on my 1994 Duke 620 and boy was it heavy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Panos, the Oe silencer for this model is not a comp part although the comp silencer from another lc4 model would be a straight fit. The Oe item is the all stainless boat anchor that most of the road legal lc4s of this period came with. I mention this as I don’t want you to wait 4/5 weeks only to find out that the item I have is not what you were expecting! ;)
Many thanks Chalky,
Finally I could buy a Leovince....there are some for this model

1 - 16 of 16 Posts