KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I’m wanting to get my exhaust sprayed black and I was wondering what would be the best type of paint for it.

(bonus question) is it possible to get a carbon end cap for a pro circuit shorty just like the 4 Stoke pipes have.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Stove paint. Use it on...well...stoves. There's also VHT paint, which is the same thing really. I've used Simoniz VHT on my stove and a 125 engine. Still good after 3yrs.

·
Registered
466 Posts
In my experience, what ever you buy off the shelf will not last long on exhausts. Have it proffesionaly ceracoted.....only way forward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey that’s what I’m looking to do I’m just wondering what type such as powder coating or anodised. Ceramic coating etc...
I want to get the casing on my shorty sprayed not the full exhaust. Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I built a set of headers (exhausts) for a v8 engine, I had them Ceramic coated, I would not recommend it, after a couple of years it starts to flake off. Other people (on other forums that the I used to hang about in) have also had the same problem with Ceramic coating. I would imagine that it would be worse on a dirt bike exhaust with all the crap being thrown at it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Years ago I had a system aluminium sprayed then painted matt black and baked - came out a treat and was really durable. Unfortunately I can remember who did it but it may be worth checking out again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts