KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone help!! I'm considering purchasing a long range fuel tank for the 8, expensive i know but cheaper than buying another bike as well as the 8- probably......can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
If I could be arsed, I'd do a search but I can't, lol. Defo been covered on here before and somebody posted a link to a manufacturer I think.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I've been looking after one for ages and asked around here too.
Would be handy on the Cannonball Bike Runs and trackdays as well since I ride the bike to local trackdays. Hauling extra fuell with ya is a pain in the arse.
The aaarghceee is quite thirsty on track.
So far no such luck and don't recall anyone posting links either like tony said.

There are a few team involved in endurance racing that use RC8's but so far found none willing to sell or make a endurance tank for me.

If you find or know one post it here.
Sure there are others after one as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
fit a rapid bike not only sorts crap fueling but will increase fuel economy 135miles to a tank and done 6 sessions at cadwell today on 18 litres of fuel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone help!! I'm considering purchasing a long range fuel tank for the 8, expensive i know but cheaper than buying another bike as well as the 8- probably......can anyone point me in the right direction?
check italian version of ebay "SERBATOIO BENZINA ALLUMINIO KTM RC8 24L. SUPERBIKE"

24 liters, 3.2 kg, but 1'700 EURO................................................

·
Registered
149 Posts
How much was it and is there any dyno evidence of what it does on an 8?
mines an r cost just over a grand including quickshifter and dyno set up just waiting for the email with it on was 159bhp on the day top bhp was not what i was after is was better throttle response making it more rideable and so much quicker on track.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check italian version of ebay "SERBATOIO BENZINA ALLUMINIO KTM RC8 24L. SUPERBIKE"

24 liters, 3.2 kg, but 1'700 EURO................................................
cheers franz....looks like an additional bike may be the cheapest option tho!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts