KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Nice one tools, but a little advise, I’m 62 and I still haven’t grown out of my mid like crisis, you have more to come👍
To say you’re middle aged at 62 would mean you expect to live well in to your 90’s. This highly unlikely because the stress your KTM’s have given you over the years.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Young whippersnappers, although there must be a few older than me.
66 at the end of August and I get my first State pension payment next week!!
My wife actually offered me to have a new bike as there were post lockdown discounts but I’ve got my ‘65 Husky set up just right now.....and I did buy my Triumph ‘as new’ in February.

It’s my ‘hang on a long as I can and hope for the best‘ crisis.

I was going to splash the tax free element of my private pension on a car upgrade but, for the mileage we do now, it didn’t seem worth it. one brownie point returned, 25 million left to repay.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
To say you’re middle aged at 62 would mean you expect to live well in to your 90’s. This highly unlikely because the stress your KTM’s have given you over the years.
Thats my thinking, but stress from my KTM’s never, unless you owned motocross bikes in the 80’s, you don’t know stress !

·
Registered
167 Posts
When I started racing late 90's my mate had a newish Husaberg.......in hindsight it was designed by bunch of idiots as relied on things like oil being carried up the chain to lub the cam / tappets, etc. I was impossible to start (left hand kick start too), and blew up countless times, both engine and then gearbox! He then bought a 250 TM which was a lovely bike until it snapped the conrod on an event.

I had a 1996 KTM 250 EXC that blew up as the original owner just hadn't maintained it. Once I bought new KTM's (and some 2nd hand ones) never had any engine problems except for a snapped tooth on a gear on a 2003 KTM 200 EXC that jammed the shifter, but easily fixed.

The bike that remained "mint" the longest was my 2006 300 EXC (t was a Six Days.....rare in them days). After 50hrs on the original plastics they still looked pretty good, as did engine cases etc....but they were a bit chunkier in them days.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No wonder this place is littered with Werther's wrappers and stinks of stale pee. We're all decrepid old farts spritely middle aged blokes in our 60's (61 here).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts