KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is not bad enough that the photos no longer show up in certain android systems but the new website is total crap. no 'bulk upload' function anymore so it has to chug away in normal upload. no bloody good if i want to upload several hundred photos from an event. an i pay £40 bloody quid a year for this crap.

need to go elsewhere now - any suggestion? i hate the idea of moving as it mean i'll have to more or less wipe my whole website reports and start again as i'm not going to carry on paying photocrap once i leave ......

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The new Botophucket website sucks arse! So many of my photo's have gone missing, half the folders show empty when they are not. The new layout is a pile of shit piss.

What's everyone else using?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i use firefox anyway so its not that. they have actuallt removed the 'bulk upload' function. i used to be able to fire up one photo in about two to three seconds when the system was enabled (bulk upload works with java somehow as it took a few moments to start). now however i stuck with normall upload and in 30 min only three photos went! need to upload 100's (each one a few MB). sometimes for a big race nicky can fire off 800!!

ok i'm looking into it. so far smugmug looks good. still a paysite but much more aimed at pros.also zenphoto. will need to look into it a lot more before making the move but need to do it quick as my reports have stopped bcause of it.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
i use firefox anyway so its not that. they have actuallt removed the 'bulk upload' function. i used to be able to fire up one photo in about two to three seconds when the system was enabled (bulk upload works with java somehow as it took a few moments to start). now however i stuck with normall upload and in 30 min only three photos went! need to upload 100's (each one a few MB). sometimes for a big race nicky can fire off 800!!

ok i'm looking into it. so far smugmug looks good. still a paysite but much more aimed at pros.also zenphoto. will need to look into it a lot more before making the move but need to do it quick as my reports have stopped bcause of it.
Do your files need to be a couple of MB 400 K should be ample for a post ?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well normally i load all the photos up so people can download for free. it make it easy for me not to resize everything first and keeping two copies. if it was a couple of pics only its not an issue i think but 600 pics? it looks like they are trying to get out of the market of serious users as pro accounts were unlimited but now its been capped. on uploader streaming just slow regular streaming.
i contacted Zenfolio earlier and i've already got a personnal reply back answering my questions! now that is service! they loads of tools to protect images and i might just sell photos from now on.
it will mean re-doing my whole website but it needs it anyway as its starting to look dated and could do with a refresh. old reports are looking iffy.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AH! there are programs that you can use to migrate all your photos from one host to another. photobucket you are so gone! looks like its goingt to be zenfolio for me.....but going to take a few days to mull it over

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.