KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to look at a 2005 450exc 'Factory Ltd Edition' with a view to buying.

I have never heard of a factory ltd edition. Are they genuine KTM factory specials or just some dealer parts bin thing, have any of you heard of them?

What are they, what parts/extras should they be fitted with? The big question is; do they justify a higher price than a standard exc?

Is the engine, gearbox & suspension the same as a standard bike?

Do you know if there should be some documentary proof of its factory status?

The bike (if purchased) will only be used for trail riding so if these are full on race bikes then please let me know and I won't bother! I don't want to be pottering around the Peak District on an extreme race winning hard core missile!

Lots of questions!
Thanks for taking time to read.
RD

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi Robbie,

The 06' EXC graphics had "factory" written on them, but as far as I know the bikes were just standard and didn't come with anything special.

An expert will be along soon to correct me I'm sure!

Best of luck with it!

Mike

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
i remember seeing one at e.t james it was called a factory bling .. it had as standard clutch saver ,hand guards and bash plate , i think it also had a black frame when the ones of that year had the bronze...

·
Registered
496 Posts
The only model I know of that is worth paying over a std exc is the six days models but if you are only riding trails I doubt you'd out perform a std model. Remember that suspension mods are tailored to the individual and could be detrimental over a std set up for you.

If you are unsure take a note of the frame/ engine number which I'd check anyway and get them checked out by KTM or a KTM dealer

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have an 05 400 EXC Factory edition and the difference between it and my mates 05 400EXC is that mine has gold adjustable triple clamps,titanium spring,black frame and black wheels and the front fork internals seem different because my front suspension is far better than his,it also has the factory graphics too.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
if you just want a bike for pottering around the peak district why not get a serrow or xr250?? an exc is a race bike!

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
I have an 05 400 EXC Factory edition and the difference between it and my mates 05 400EXC is that mine has gold adjustable triple clamps,titanium spring,black frame and black wheels and the front fork internals seem different because my front suspension is far better than his,it also has the factory graphics too.
Titanium Coloured spring ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smart ar5e

Dear Mr KTMbean

I have done 10k of trail riding, enduros, rallyes and LDT a 525exc, don't try to patronise.

I am particularly interested in learning from your experiences of the Serow and XR250. I'll pm you when I'm having difficulty sleeping.

Robbie.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dear Mr KTMbean

I have done 10k of trail riding, enduros, rallyes and LDT a 525exc, don't try to patronise.

I am particularly interested in learning from your experiences of the Serow and XR250. I'll pm you when I'm having difficulty sleeping.

Robbie.
to be fair mate you need to read your first post, you said you dont want a race bike,hence why ben mentioned the serrow :D

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
The bike (if purchased) will only be used for trail riding so if these are full on race bikes then please let me know and I won't bother! I don't want to be pottering around the Peak District on an extreme race winning hard core missile!

Lots of questions!
Thanks for taking time to read.
RD
erm, the slogan of ktm is "ready to race" not "ready to potter"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts