KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be getting some rad braces and a fan kit for my 09 exc400 and need to know if i can get any braces and they will fit around the fan kit or the fan will mount on to them.

any advice please
thanks Neil :dozey:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does the fan not go on the back of the radiator and the braces on the front?
n

the braces ive seen on ebay the rad slides down into them so they protect the whole rad..
are these different to ktm ones

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hi
I have fitted a fan kit to my excr 400 (10) and it is slightly different to the older RFS fan kits. the newer one is fixed to the radiator using `pop` rivets, therefor you may want to check to see if a brace will fit over the rivet etc,..

To be honest, I have a fan kit on my RFS and its just tyraped on and its fine..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
I have fitted a fan kit to my excr 400 (10) and it is slightly different to the older RFS fan kits. the newer one is fixed to the radiator using `pop` rivets, therefor you may want to check to see if a brace will fit over the rivet etc,..

To be honest, I have a fan kit on my RFS and its just tyraped on and its fine..
thanks i think they need pop rivit on the 09's too i watched a video on you tube and it was same bike as mine

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it looks same as this

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks for the picture.
Heres a picture of the braces on:

I think you could just about do it. Its only the Bracket & Rivet that will be in the way, you could probably add a couple of washers to give an extra bit of room.
I hope thats some help.
Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts