KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

I am currently in the middle of an FCR41 conversion on my 03 LC4 640SM. I have removed the standard Mikuni and placed the Keihin on the inlet port. The carb I have has the throttle cable connections on the right (rear brake side) but the Mikuni `s connection was on the left. This makes the black cover tight to the frame. Is this right? The carb came off a Honda CRF450 and I am wondering if the top end is different for that bike. Any advice would be grfeatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i put 1 into a duke 1 m8 and its the same she be a tight sqeeze think others will more or less say the same

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Lee (mr tattoo of here) fitted mine on my Duke II & it is tight, not sure if it touches the frame though but im sure Lee will come along & tell ya

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started another thread in supermoto section and youre right, Lee has replied and said much the same, its gonne be tight!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Ohhhhh Yes, probably the most cost effective mod you can do to the Duke II, but ideally with some after market cans.
Much better throttle response right across the range

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im hoping it will make a big difference. Ive already got a Doma pipe on it but with the standard carb still fitted I think its just louder and drinks more fuel, I cant really see much of a difference from standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts