KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I have one of these on order so have been looking at a maintenance routine before I get it.

Noticed the oil sump bolt is inaccessible to get a regular socket and torque wrench onto, Im a bit of a nerd for torque values, anybody know what sort of adapter there is to allow me to get a torque wrench onto an awkward bolt?

Chris... (y)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Not sure if the FE is the same as the Ktm 350, but don’t crossthread Or over tighten the bolt!!
The PO of the one I bought fucked it up and it was a engine out job to fit a helicoil!!!! Crap design!!

But great bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
As Burner said, this is one bolt you don’t want to strip, we use these at work,but ours are supplied by our manufacturer, They are only any good with a decent torque wrench, Teng do calibrated certification wrench’s. In 1/4 and 3/8 drive at very reasonable prices, Depending on if you have the extension straight or at right angles to the torque wrench there is a calculation required, ( you tube or google that part)
Font Screenshot Circle Number Parallel

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
changing the oil on a 350 is very easy,
take the sumpguard off and do the oil- change with the bike on the sidestand
everything's accessible with a 3/8'' torque wrench.
I like the Teng tools range...

·
Registered
588 Posts
There was a guy on the ktm Facebook group that was doing a drain plug adapter with a pipe on it. You leab the bike right over on the right so all the oil goes in the clutch side, then unscrew the plug, screw in the adapter with pipe, then pick the bike back up while guiding the pipe into a tub. Nice clean oil change! I've got one and used it a few times so far, it's brill.

·
Premium Member
9,924 Posts
As Burner said, this is one bolt you don’t want to strip, we use these at work,but ours are supplied by our manufacturer, They are only any good with a decent torque wrench, Teng do calibrated certification wrench’s. In 1/4 and 3/8 drive at very reasonable prices, Depending on if you have the extension straight or at right angles to the torque wrench there is a calculation required, ( you tube or google that part) View attachment 43355
The "bottle opener" in the ktm tool kit does the same thing (l think)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts