KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got on the road with my new 990sm, very nervous! wet road new tyres very windy, not the best conditions for first impressions. Today dry roads less wind what a great bike and what a motor!!! heaver in the corners than the DRZ but a lot more stable. I noticed that the temp went up a couple of bars quickly and the fan cut in when in traffic, is this normal cos it never cut in once on my DRZ. Only done about sixty miles but I know getting one of these was the right choice

·
Registered
80 Posts
On my SMT the fan kicks in at 8 bars and I get it on all the time in traffic, it's a common thing as I've seen numerous people post about it on the 990.

·
Registered
147 Posts
on my 990sm it comes on in traffic quite often,it always has,had mine a year now and done 5000miles,they just get better and better :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congratulations, good choice!
Mine did the same thing with the fan. Keep an eye on the coolant level and it's cool. I topped it up once (of the 7500 km I rode), only about 1/2 a cup needed.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
As with all the LC8 engines, keep an eye on the oil level, theyre thirsty when new.

Dont pamper the engine, it needs to be used fairly to run it in.

Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts