KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6500km the rear tyre was fooked
As I had to change the rear I thought that now was as good a time as any to get rid of the Conti crap forever - so I changed the front as well

I fitted Michelin Pilot Road 2CT front and rear (the same as I have on my BMW K12S)

I had only ridden 500mtr and already I couldnt believe the difference
I was so impressed that I then went on a 200km ride, the handling has been completely transformed, , , :burnout:

I must admit I had a few shitty pants moments with the Conti crap (mostly when cold)

I am so glad to be rid of the Conti crap

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
At last someone on a SMT who realises that the standard tyres are crap

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have also got the pilot road 2ct's fitted front and rear. I agree with what you say about the conti's too! I had the michelins on my previous bike too and liked the way they gripped etc plus gave great mileage. I know others would rather go for outright sports tyres but these suit me fine.

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
6500 miles out of one tyre, Jeez! I can just about get 1500 miles out of a rear and 2000 from a front...

Them 2ct's are the dogs danglies though - moocho impressed

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also got the pilot road 2ct's fitted front and rear. I agree with what you say about the conti's too! I had the michelins on my previous bike too and liked the way they gripped etc plus gave great mileage. I know others would rather go for outright sports tyres but these suit me fine.
6500 KM not miles

6500 KM = 4062 Miles

·
Registered
93 Posts
At last someone on a SMT who realises that the standard tyres are crap
Not quite, I ebayed my Conti's after 400 mls:smokin: Pilot powers for me:cool:

·
Registered
217 Posts
pilot road 2 !! they rock.:smokin:

last fitted to my ZZR1400 and got 10000 miles out of rear...........some of that was at full tilt on an autobahn, and before any comments, I wasn't tickling the throttle the rest of time. The front wears out well before the rear and handling goes off some what.

I've had them on the SMT for 2.5k miles and i can't fault them, except for the rear spinning up a couple of times in the wet :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts