KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'd be really gratefull if someone could help me please. I'm trying to fit a DEP pipe to my KTM 250 EXC 2009 (2 stroke) that I bought from Ebay.

To the best of my knowledge it came from a 2004 bike and should be compatible with my 2009.

However, it doesn't quite fit - when I insert the pipe into the barrel the expansion part is touching the radiator coolant pipe, and the location for the tail pipe is slightly out.

I'm not sure if the pipe should fit or has just had been hit out of shape (the pipe has seen better days)?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Steve.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Only thing i can confirm for you is that 04-09 are the same fitment but 03 and before are different, it could be an earlier pipe.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It may be that one of the mounts is bent out of shape a bit. Only takes a few mm bend to put the pipe out. Easy to bend the mounts to fit.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
sounds like the previous owner dropped his bike and squashed it
i've tweaked mine before, using a long bar in the down pipe and brute force....it depends how badly out of shape it is. good luck.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, given it's just slightly out I'm inclined to think it's been hit out of shape.

Looks like it's a long bar job then!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts