KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,547 Posts
Do you mean Suzuki?

What about the KTM Duke 640 from the same years?
Yes, Suzuki RGV250

Yes, KTM 640/625/660 wheels can be made to fit. 00 to 02 easier than 99 and earlier. 03 onwards pretty much straight in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am searching to see what all is necessary in converting my 2004 525 EXC wheels to the orange 2017 KTM Duke 390 wheels. Please correct me, but I understand that the rear wheels is pretty straight forward with needing some custom spacers. The front tire needs to be remounted on "backwards" so the disc side matches up to the 525. I already purchased a rear wheel and axle.

However, the front is a bit of a mystery. I am skittish of spending the money for the front just yet. The Tire needs to be rotated as the rotor is on the wrong side (for the EXC)...I know I will use the duke axle diameter (17mm?) and have to get bushings made to pack in the difference. I think my '05 has either a 25 or 26mm shaft dia. What about the plane that the rotor bolts to for the DUKE 390, does it mate up or does the hub on that side need machining? Also, what about the front brake, brake rotor and caliper & caliper bracket...will that need to be made or is there a conversion for this set-up. I read an older thread, but it applied to the DUKE II vice the DUKE 390, but other than that? So many questions bro. Any advice you could lend would be fantastic.

Thank you from New Jersey, U.S.A

Domenico

21 - 22 of 22 Posts