KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Just wanted to post a little motivation for 950 Owners, and a little extra motivation for those thinking about getting one :)

This is my second 950 SM, and it is absolutley amazing the most amazing machine I have ever owned. This video was taken by a friend on a GSX-R 1000 following ME at Las Vegas speedway just last weekend.

If you have an SM get your butt to the track! It's a blast!:eek:

Rubber side down,

- Nick

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
So hypnotic that I almost fell asleep in a good way :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the mods...

It's a 2007 KTM 950 Supermoto

I had Tim Robel of timrobelconcepts.com do some customization....

Powder Coated swingarms, subframe, and passenger peg brackets
Akro TI exhaust, chopped 6" and ceramic coated
(I like the stock exhaust so I had him slip on the TI with brackets he made)
He also removed a lot of not needed restrictive equipment, and gave me some richer jetting.

Here is some shots...

I will have pics from the track up in the next couple days.

Our bike is the single greatest 2 wheeled machine in the known universe... it's just only we know that secret :) :cool:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Wowsers! For a 950 SM you certainly have good taste customising it!

Looks awesome, 5years time, I will be getting a 990 SM I reckon all going well. :D

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Starting to wish I'd got another one...

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
they look a million times better with black frame, swingarm and wheels. The pic from the front makes it look like a 690SMC...!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
they look a million times better with black frame, swingarm and wheels. The pic from the front makes it look like a 690SMC...!
What's wrong with the 690 SMC!!!??? :burp::confused:
:p

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Nothing at all, quite the opposite. I meant the bike in the pic looks a bit more streamlined.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Fair do's, thought you were 'aving a pop, - Seeing as I am picking mine up soon, was willing to defend at all costs lol.

Tim :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Other stuff

I forgot to mention in case anyone was wondering, the face-plate (fairing around headlight) is Akropovic Carbon Fiber. It is a very attractive piece highly recommended. :scooter:

Also the tail section is a "Tail-Tidy" our american versions come with a rather unflattering giant plastic spire of reflectors and lights hanging off the rear, so that was the first thing to go.

The Akropovic pipes cut 6" and all the packing removed makes it sound like a real nasty beast, and after track session other riders come over and make sure I know I throw 12" + flames when downshifting hard into corners :)

On the 690 SM, rock on! I love those too. I have always favored the KTM 950 SM over all other bikes (have owned GSX-R 750, and other street bikes) nothing can replace the ear to ear grin I get from the sloppy nasty power of the carbureted LC8 :)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I haven't tamed the SD yet. Once I'm hanging off it like a monkey I'll be happier

1 - 14 of 14 Posts