1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who missed it yesterday heres "knobbys" iron lung working overtime

vid taken a month or so on another day out (beasting) the knobster :smokin:

holingsclough in the peaks

[video]http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/S_W_S/?action=view&current=05092010.mp4[/video]

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hey mate, looks like a great lane....:D

Not surprised he is Fooked, looks like a bit of a slog (especially on a HEAVY 4 stroke :p )

I Need to get out with you guys when I get my bike.....Two weeks to go....:frown:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Cheeky Fecker after doing 130 miles and pretty much late in the day " I was fresh as a daisy "

Chirk report done now :)

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Doesn't look to bad dry, I bet when it's been pissing down for days it's kinda challenging :)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
if any body thinks thats hard try going up the other side , now thats interesting i find doing this climb you need to be a bit trottle happy big 4 strokes should romp up hollinsclough

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jonny agreed but even thats getting worn out and easier ;) not managed to clean that one yet although holingsclough is pretty easy in the dry.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
there was a guy on another forum sayin he got up clean on a dt 125 whho the fuck did he think he is david knight

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Would probably be easy on a dt soft as shit suspension weak ass smooth power lots of rubber on the tyres not knobbley's so yeah I think it could be done on one of those pieces of shit :)

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there was a guy on another forum sayin he got up clean on a dt 125 whho the fuck did he think he is david knight
i think we both know the answer to this ;)

i've not seen it cleaned by anyone and i've been out with some very handy riders i have seen some very second hand bikes trying it though. one to mentions was a crfx with its radiator ripped clean off lying a big slab with the lad crying. Its a bike killer rather than a challenge and something you would see in the romaniacs / erzberg extreme sections.

dt125 yeah right, i would pay money to see that :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
i think we both know the answer to this ;)

i've not seen it cleaned by anyone and i've been out with some very handy riders i have seen some very second hand bikes trying it though. one to mentions was a crfx with its radiator ripped clean off lying a big slab with the lad crying. Its a bike killer rather than a challenge and something you would see in the romaniacs / erzberg extreme sections.

dt125 yeah right, i would pay money to see that :D
one word MONTESA ;-)

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Point taken I can only comment on what I see in the video and that looks do-able to me I've climbed cleaned most climbs around some after many attempts I'd have to know where it is and how long to see if I'd have a go

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
re

yeah i'd like to go out there some time and exchange lanes, i've climbed most tricky climbs around the peak district and the one ive found to be one of the trickyist is the one at the quarry the soft sandy one which now has a step in it the shifts to the left it's only a short climb but interesting and can be a bitch, there's one at llangollen which is very rutted we call the widow maker thats practically impossible when wet, out of 35 + attemps ive made it once clean and dragged the bike up 6 or 7 times it's awesome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts