KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KTM 530 and when I bought it, I put fork bleeders on as I was told it was a good thing to have, made bleeding the fork of air, easy.

Now I just had the first service completed on my 09 RC8 and one of the things on the list was 'Bleed Forks'. Spoke to my suspension guy who has not used fork bleeders before and no real opinion on whether it is good or Bad to have fork bleeders, so I thought I'd ask the question?

The KTM guidelines say your supposed to undo the screws at the top of the fork after every long ride to release any air pressure that has built up, which fork bleeders would do easily.

Does anybody run fork bleeders on the RC8???

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I haven't touched the screws on top of the forks since buying the bike in 08 having never noticed that advice in the manual, lol, though bled during service. No opinion here but might get the screw driver out now :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I undo the screw after every second ride, air pressure does build up in there and that will alter the feeling in the forks. I am not a big fan of bleeders as its something else that can fail. Undoing the screw is easy and only takes a few secs. When I first bled them there was a lot of pressure in there, only get a little now.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Unless your riding very hard there's no point. They are more popular on motocross bikes as your working the suspension constantly. They are still something to go wrong and a screwdriver works just as well. It should also be done with no weight on the forks. On a paddock stand through the headstock.

:)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Should have said in your post that 'you only ride on the track' that would have stopped you getting the 2fast attention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you know what, excuse me for asking a question... begging your pardon 2fast, i will know next time not to insult your genuis.....

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
If you used it more often mate, you'd understand that you need a sense of humour around here, and that sometimes posts get misinterpreted. I don't think anybody has intended anything that you need take offence at

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
No mate, but I'm looking at buying the fork cartridge kit, because I ride it harder than Rossi would!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
you know what, excuse me for asking a question... begging your pardon 2fast, i will know next time not to insult your genuis.....
i agree mate, this is a serious forum, on here, we have no time for sarky comments. it' bloody childish

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Oh no it isn't!

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
lol, our work here is done mate :D

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Bahahaha do you drive a BMW 318i as well:rotflmao:

I know your not riding like Rossi. Only i can do that ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts