KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been winding my fork compression clickers in to adjust them back to standard and one of them just keeps going - I reached 50 before concluding that it wasn't going to stop! Could be a coincidence but I've just changed the oil - though I don't know what I might have disturbed. EXC 250 F .

·
Registered
316 Posts
They push on a rod down the centre of the fork so you could of well got something a little out of place.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
They push on a rod down the centre of the fork so you could of well got something a little out of place.
The compression adjuster doesn't .....Thats the rebound adjuster.

Which adjuster are you talking about, Jerm. Adjuster on the top of the fork leg or bottom ?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Thats rebound.

You need to remove the fork cap and wind the locking nut further down the threaded spring guide.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys for the duff info - yes the rebound clicker. Took the fork cap off and the small brass rod was sitting on top of the rod inside the fork whereas on the other one that works it was screwed into the cap so I managed to screw it into the cap until it engaged with the clicker mechanism.So when I turn the clicker it moves up and down . It now looks just like the other one but still winds in forever?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Jerm, scuff is right. You need to remove the cap again and again look at the the thread guide. Try this, turn the thread guide counterclockwise with your hand until it stops. Then using a long pair of pliars grip the thread gently and screw the cap back on thread guide. You will feel it 'stop' on the thread and at this point you no longer need the pliars. Tightened down the cap with your cap remover tool and make sure you have your 22mm spanner on the top of the damper rod to tighten both damper and cap together.

I also find with the preload (nut on top of forks the rebound sits on) turn this out to half a turn and preload that out aswell makes the job is easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts