KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding a lot lately in very dusty conditions and my fork seals have leaked a little, i have cleaned them and they no longer leak, i need to top up the oil in them, anybody no how, the bike is a 2009 exc-f 250, cheers

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
No need to add more.. wait until you will do a proper service and change the seals as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why no need to top up, as last time i rode it, it felt wrong at the front if you no what i mean, Ive got some very demanding events coming and i need the bike feeling right. cheers

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I assumed that you were lost very few oil. I don't know a way to measure how much oil leak out so I don't know how much you should put in.
Some ppl says that you can put a bar and measure the level of the oil but I don't know how accurate this is.

If the suspension don't feel right, then it will be better to change the oils with new ones. You gonna need new seals as well.

If someone else knows a way how to check the oil level in your forks that would be great cos I don't.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
colaspe the forks and you want 110mm air gap its like useing a dip stick i use a peice if card say 20cm long mark the card 110mm down it slide the card down the fork tube and measure away

·
Premium Member
31,618 Posts
Change the oil you tight wad. It will transform the handling of the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts