KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just writing this post to say over the next couple of weeks I shall be listing a Number of KTM RC8 items on Ebay, things like owners manual, fairing screws(new), ventura L bars(new) pack rack, brake pads(new), pillion footrests (new)and whatever else I can find that I no longer use, as unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of owning my KTM any longer.

Please bear with me as I can't currently use turbo listing to list all my items together checkme out Ebay username Chocky4t

Your patience may get u a good christmas buy

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'll have a look for that ventura rack, the odd ball 2013 run in thought.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
can't find it searched all 25 KTM RC8(R) item...all 1251 of them ebay.co.uk ;-)

·
Registered
438 Posts
.....pull the other one ;)

So....this is a PRE-ebay listing advert?! Seriously?!

If you're asking for offers before listing (you save listing fees / PayPal, buyer gets a bargain potentially) that's one thing but this is sort of guff is just silly IMHO.

You're not offering a deal to forum members it's simply a chance to widen your audience and increase bids once you finally get around to listing items, right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol.....maybe you're right :D

I just don't "get" an "advert" like this is all. Makes no sense to me.

Hold ur horses peeps, ive got a overflowing loft of stuff i cannot use any longer and i need to shift some stuff, will try and list the brackets and pack rack tonight. Reason for forum post is to gauge interest in this crap weather or do leave it til spring before posting....ffs i even found a factory exhaust today...thats all

·
Registered
454 Posts
If these bits are for sale to forum members before going on ebay , whats all the spitting of dummies out for ?
However if its just to get more people to look at the stuff on ebay and have to compete against others then thats a different story !
Maybe Chocky will confirm this ?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Unless there's an Evo8 or equivalent.......I'm out!!!!

Chocks away!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Does it really matter? The forum is full of useless information... this is just another thread full of it :rotflmao:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Well said FT, this thread is daft. If you've something to sell then take pictures and put up the advert. If it doesn't sell then list in some other time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am just writing this post to say over the next couple of weeks I shall be listing a Number of KTM RC8 items on Ebay, things like owners manual, fairing screws(new), ventura L bars(new) pack rack, brake pads(new), pillion footrests (new)and whatever else I can find that I no longer use, as unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of owning my KTM any longer.

Please bear with me as I can't currently use turbo listing to list all my items together checkme out Ebay username Chocky4t

Rear brake pads, Ventura L brackets and Ventura Pack Rack added

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If these bits are for sale to forum members before going on ebay , whats all the spitting of dummies out for ?
However if its just to get more people to look at the stuff on ebay and have to compete against others then thats a different story !
Maybe Chocky will confirm this ?
" Reason for forum post is to gauge interest in this crap weather or do leave it til spring before posting...." (there was a little interest so ive listed them on Ebay)

I am not a retailler, just a person clearing clutter which most of us do now and then. Its your choice whether to read this post, bid or buy the items tho - I cant force you....if they dont sell i'll probably list the items again in the Spring, when more people may be looking for them and prices may be higher but please dont complain to me if you miss the opportunity to buy them or spend more than you have too!!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Why didn't you list exactly what you had here with a delivered price and give forum members the chance to buy direct. If they disnt sell in a week or so switch them to ebay. That'll save you eBay listing, final value and PayPal fees and stops you playing forum members off against each other by advertising your "auction" on the site.

Smacks of exploitation to me.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Come on people - lets not be judgywudgy. I see it now......the simple point of this post is to check it constantly, or your ebay account constantly, like a creeper, in the off chance that there is actually something that you may want. If there is then you can log into ebay and bid on it against other people from this forum so that the chap can make as much money as possible. Simple.

These are the basic ingredients of a wonderful online community. I look forward to many more posts like it - it is a great way to spend a day

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.