KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free Fall is a video made by the freedivers Guillaume Néry and Julie Gautier. You can see Guillaume doing a base jump into Dean’s Blue Hole. They say it’s a fictional and artistic project, they wanted to show another approach to freediving videos. Even Julie, who filmed everything with a Canon 5D Mark II, held her breath the whole time. The result is awesome, and the filming perfect.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
:eek:

Where do you find these videos? Thats amazing. How long can he hold his breath for? Ive seen a vid of a girl doing the world record free dive. Mad thing to do.:D

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Oh man, I have wanted to go there since I seen it in a National Geographic mag years ago!!! Is it any good, is there alot too see?
there wasnt a lot to see as far as fish go, except a rather large Reef shark (3m maybe) at about 30m, apparently they cruise it looking for turles. Its more of a novelty dive really, you decend with the edge of the hole in sight then at around 40m the top of the 'cave' starts and you can see stalagtites (on the ceiling of the cave). They dont recommend exploring too far into the cave roof as there isnt a lot of light down there and its easy to get disoriented. They still dont know how far the cave complex goes....... i think it bottoms out around 400ft!!

it was my first dive after doing my Padi so i was shitting it as id never to 40m+ before. i was by the divemasters side for the whole thing!
short decompression stop at 5m on the way up.

great dive, glad i did it, but youd only do it once i think...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts