KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, friends.

Yesterday my mechanic say - best test for any engine condition is just trying to allow max speed. If it is not less than in owner manual and no any noises, all is good, you doesn't need to check compresion or any testing. But no any speed parameters in manual :)

So what is real topsped on yours Freerides? Am asking about 4T, but 2T is interesting too.

Here is my topspeed:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28f-8ljHS4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes when I look at a bike I see how fast is goes then I know all is right....are you sure he said mechanic?
:D Ok, ok, but when compression goes down it affect on max speed - first symptome of power losing without disassembling. I know, a lot of methodes exist (f.e.metering or dyno stand) but it is fastest and cheappest, it can be a way to check your suspicions.

So I think simply comparision of the same bikes max speed can tell about their engine conditions. Or no?

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Is your mechanic kevinyorks

·
Registered
91 Posts
:D Ok, ok, but when compression goes down it affect on max speed - first symptome of power losing without disassembling. I know, a lot of methodes exist (f.e.metering or dyno stand) but it is fastest and cheappest, it can be a way to check your suspicions.

So I think simply comparision of the same bikes max speed can tell about their engine conditions. Or no?
I certainly wouldn't use that method,a compression test takes minutes.As to comparing speeds.mmm...google will give top speeds anyway..
Would you road test a bike you were buying by riding it balls out in front of the seller?Then tell him it's 5 mph than it should be?..I bet you wouldn't get a great response....

·
Registered
91 Posts
In the real world, on real roads, it’s an utter pain in the cock. Top gear is engaged by the time you see 30mph on the digi-dash, so getting pulled over for speeding isn’t going to be an issue with the Freeride. It’ll happily cruise at 50mph, although the vibes are horrendous and I had to have a poo after every ride.:scooter:

·
Registered
68 Posts
In the real world, on real roads, it’s an utter pain in the cock. Top gear is engaged by the time you see 30mph on the digi-dash, so getting pulled over for speeding isn’t going to be an issue with the Freeride. It’ll happily cruise at 50mph, although the vibes are horrendous and I had to have a poo after every ride.:scooter:
A constipation cure at last! Form an orderly queue! Everyone just needs your address mate :rotflmao:

·
Registered
57 Posts
250 sits nice as standard at 75-80km/h, out of curiosity i fed it more throttle but not full and went up to 105. i would say 90 is about the fastest you should take it on the road if you have to. as for max speed and any further curiosity, i have other bikes built for that purpose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts