KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 250 exc riden by my son in H&H events. He seems to think that the front of the bike is " out of true ? ". I have slacked all the triple clamp bolts and axle and aligned it, checked bar for damage and they to measure ok, no damage to frame or headstock, bearing are well grease and not tight ?

Looking for guidance please. I have even checked the forks, no leaks and oil levels ok and nice free movement.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
slacken off the front wheel mate,then follow the procedure in your manual to retighten so the forks dont get bound up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both them checked and seem ok ? Going to try changing bars next, although I have measures them all ways and they seem true, plus he hasnt had a major off.
YET !

·
Registered
188 Posts
the bolts that hold the clamps to the top yoke are bent? iv had that happen before 1 got bent but everything else lined up perfect! or could be something as simple as his mudgaurd has been bent to the side so is throwing him off balance ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rear wheel chain adjusters in alignment, tight etc?
Chain is square running onto sprockets, interestingly though we wondered if the rear moouse has gone soft, only 4 months old, no road use but good compacted track usage, always lubed when tyre off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts